Emmanuel Community invests in the important mission of the family in many ways, one of which is Mother Effect.
Along with hosting a fortnightly mothers group, Mother Effect also seeks to awaken and empower the domestic church by resourcing ways to celebrate the faith in homes from day to day. Our hope is that parents become effective communicators of the faith to their children and we want to grow the HOOD in motherhood in the church and the world.
Our Mothers Group operates every second Wednesday morning during term time from 10am-11:30am at the Emmaus Centre in Paddington, Brisbane. We have a music and dancing time and a child friendly bible or scripture based presentation. We also have gardening and a dynamic and beautiful space for mothers who are welcome from anytime during their pregnancy until their children are all school aged. We have seasonal themes and activities including hands on craft for the kids and occasionally have special guests lead us in a workshop, like dance, story time or the nativity project.
We use materials that aide in the clear communication of the Gospel message to children.
We are always open to new people joining in and we have plenty of space.
There is no cost. But donations are welcome.
• We create resources for the family home to make praying with kids easier.
• We have starter packs so you can access the raw materials that support the growth of the domestic church.
• We have the Nativity Project which aims to make Christmas child friendly.
• We offer parent training through partnering with The Catechesis of The Good Shepherd.
• We publish articles locally and nationally, see a link here to one of our latest. http://catholicleader.com.au/family/christian-motherhood
• We love to support new and emerging mothers groups.
For more details:
This Term with Mother Effect
Welcome to Term 1 of Mother Effect 2019!
Need a village? We’re local to Brisbane, here’s what we’re up to for term 1. We hope to reach mums n bubs with pre-school aged children to build the village of motherhood together. We are a Catholic motherhood network and we are passionate about breaking maternal isolation. Connect with us on Facebook and send us message there if you need more info.
This term we will be meeting at various parks around Brisbane every 2nd week - you can find all the details in the Facebook events.
Wed 6 Feb - Providence, South Ripley
Wed 20 Feb - Rocks Riverside Park, Seventeen Mile Rocks
Wed 6 March - New Farm Park, New Farm
Wed 20 March - Frew Park, Milton
We hope to see you soon!
The Mother Effect Team xx