Emmanuel Community invests in the important mission of the family in many ways, one of which is Mother Effect.
Along with hosting a fortnightly mothers group, Mother Effect also seeks to awaken and empower the domestic church by resourcing ways to celebrate the faith in homes from day to day. Our hope is that parents become effective communicators of the faith to their children and we want to grow the HOOD in motherhood in the church and the world.
Our Mothers Group operates every second Wednesday morning during term time from 10am-11:30am at the Emmaus Centre in Paddington, Brisbane. We have a music and dancing time and a child friendly bible or scripture based presentation. We also have gardening and a dynamic and beautiful space for mothers who are welcome from anytime during their pregnancy until their children are all school aged. We have seasonal themes and activities including hands on craft for the kids and occasionally have special guests lead us in a workshop, like dance, story time or the nativity project.
We use materials that aide in the clear communication of the Gospel message to children.
We are always open to new people joining in and we have plenty of space.
There is no cost. But donations are welcome.
• We create resources for the family home to make praying with kids easier.
• We have starter packs so you can access the raw materials that support the growth of the domestic church.
• We have the Nativity Project which aims to make Christmas child friendly.
• We offer parent training through partnering with The Catechesis of The Good Shepherd.
• We publish articles locally and nationally, see a link here to one of our latest. http://catholicleader.com.au/family/christian-motherhood
• We love to support new and emerging mothers groups.
For more details:
This Term with Mother Effect
Term 4 sees us alternating fortnightly Wednesday’s at Emmaus with Park Play at various locations, hosing two parent night with guest speakers and runnig a Christmas family fun event.
Like our facebook page to stay up to date with venues and any changes.
Tea and coffee provided - and don't forget to bring some morning tea to share!
Gold coin donations are appreciated to help cover running costs.
Looking forward to reconnecting ♥♥
The Mother Effect team xoxo