Along with hosting a fortnightly mothers group, Mother Effect also seeks to awaken and empower the domestic church by resourcing ways to celebrate the faith in homes from day to day. Our hope is that parents become effective communicators of the faith to their children and we want to grow the HOOD in motherhood in the church and the world.
Our Mothers Group operates every second Wednesday morning during term time from 10am-11:30am at the Emmaus Centre in Paddington, Brisbane. We have a music and dancing time and a child friendly bible or scripture based presentation. We also have gardening and a dynamic and beautiful space for mothers who are welcome from anytime during their pregnancy until their children are all school aged. We have seasonal themes and activities including hands on craft for the kids and occasionally have special guests lead us in a workshop, like dance, story time or the nativity project.
We use materials that aide in the clear communication of the Gospel message to children.
We are always open to new people joining in and we have plenty of space.
There is no cost. But donations are welcome.
• We create resources for the family home to make praying with kids easier.
• We have starter packs so you can access the raw materials that support the growth of the domestic church.
• We have the Nativity Project which aims to make Christmas child friendly.
• We offer parent training through partnering with The Catechesis of The Good Shepherd.
• We publish articles locally and nationally, see a link here to one of our latest. http://catholicleader.com.au/family/christian-motherhood
• We love to support new and emerging mothers groups.
For more details:
- visit us at https://www.facebook.com/mothereffect/
- please contact Carrie at email@example.com
- call the Emmanuel Community Office on 07 3217 5199. or call Carrie: 0434 290 540
A word from the Mother Effect Team
This week we kicked off our Mother Effect term at Emmaus!!! We are opening weekly now which is so exciting! One week we are focusing on food, gardening and parent child time with music and social elements etc, and are excited to announce a new offering.
As a ministry we feel called to prayer and to grow inter-generational motherhood in our Community so we are having all ages and stages mother's prayers on the alternate weeks to our usual get together. I'm so excited about this and Suz Czapracki is doing a great job leading the way!!!! Your role as Emmanuel is crucial to this ministry. We need your welcome as new mums and their families join in and look for a home in the Church and Community. Please pray for us and encourage us as we pave new ways!!! On behalf of the women in this ministry, thanks for sowing into our lives. Term dates are below. Carrie 0434290540.